Our chia provides high sources of natural Omega 3 Fiber with Chia Semilla™ whole or milled seeds. Chia Semilla™ is packed full of benefits. It's an excellent way to promote healthy, controlled weight loss and curbs appetite and food cravings. It's high in antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, and dietary fiber.
Grown and Cultivated in the United States, Biogenic Foods offers an all natural Black-and-White milled Chia seed
Chia Semilla™ contains many powerful antioxidants: myrecetin, quercetin, kaempferol, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid. It has a ORAC of 70 micromoles TE/g and is one of the most powerful whole food antioxidants known, giving it an amazing advantage over other types of omega-3. Chia Semilla is the world’s richest whole food source of omega 3 fatty acids, dietary fiber, and many other essential nutrients. These abundant nutrients support cardiovascular, digestive, bone, joint, neurological, visual, epidermal, and immune health. We have learned that unlike flax seed, Chia is absorbable when whole. However, it is more bio-available when consumed in milled form. Our Milled Chia Semilla is a Cold Process milling of the finest quality Chia Seed. We cold micro slice the seed, as to not damage the Chia, while providing the most nutritious form available.
- Richest source of omega 3 fatty acids
- Contains natural antioxidants
- Natural dietary supplement
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Easily digested and absorbed
- Whole grain, Non-GMO, NO pesticides, saturated fat & gluten free
- FDA GRAS rated Ingredients (Generally Recognized as Safe)
- Contains NO Genetically Modified Organisms and/or Ingredients.
- Vegan friendly
In pre-Colombian times chia was one of the four basic foods of Central American civilizations along with corn and beans. Tenochtitlan, the Capital of the Aztec Empire, received between 5,000 and 15,000 tons of chia as an annual tribute from conquered nations. Chia seed was not just a food but was also used for medical purposes and as an offering to the Aztec gods. The use of chia in pagan religious ceremonies caused the Spanish conquistadors to try and eliminate it and replace it by species brought from the old world. The conquistadors came close to being successful in their crusade against New World practices such as growing chia and practicing various customs, as many disappeared. Corn and beans were an exception. They survived the conquistador's efforts and became two of the world's most important crops. However, because of its religious use and maybe because chia was unable to adapt to production under European climatic conditions, it was pushed into obscurity for five hundred years. It is finally reemerging as the superfood it truly is!
*This product suppresses the appetite making it easier to lose excess weight. Decreasing body fat can increase energy levels, promote healthy digestion as well as reduce the risk of heart imbalance.
Suggested Use: Take once or twice daily. Simply sprinkle on yogurt, cereals, salads, rice, smoothies or sandwiches, bake into bread, muffins or pancakes, or stir into water or juice.
Scientific evidence strongly supports the use of Chia as being the most efficient source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which can be used to enrich food sources.
Serving Size: 12.5 g (2 1/2 Level Tablespoons)
Servings Per Container: 27
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||37|
*Percent Daily Values (%DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
***Daily Value not established
** Less than 0.005g sodium per serving.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Black & White Chia Seeds
Vegetarian, NO Fillers or Artificial Ingredients. Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.
All ingredients are FDA approved and GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) rated. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, support or prevent imbalance.
Re-Seal after use. Store in a Cool / Dry place.
Safety Standards Met:
This seal guarantees that the Chia seed is grown under the highest safety and purity standards, in harmony with the environment, ensuring a safe, high quality nutritional product for you and your family is an ISO 9001: 2000 Certified Company, that carefully selects its seed under GAP, HACCP. GMP quality Standards.
NSRI quality seal” means Certified Quality at each step of the Production Process:
1- GROWING CHIA SEED (AGRICULTURAL PROCESSES): EUREPGAP STANDARDS.
- A minimum detrimental environmental impact of farming operations,
- The reduction of chemical interventions
- A responsible approach to workers’ health and safety.
- Traceability, which means that an early warning system is in place ensuring detection and appropriate action when the crop does not reach minimum high quality standards. Every lot is identified and followed up from the source (growing stage) to the end of production (final product ready for consumption).
2- CLEANING AND SELECTION PROCESS (MANUFACTURING PROCESS) AND WAREHOUSING.
- HACCP Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points: This Control System is a systematic and preventive approach to food safety (rather than finished product inspection) that allows identification of food safety hazards in order to control “key” actions in the process, reducing or eliminating risk.
- GMP Good Manufacturing Practice: This certification ensures controlled management of the manufacturing processes and quality control testing. Traceability and, if necessary, recall of damaged products are also enabled by this control.
3- ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems:
- Orients corporate activities towards achievement of customer satisfaction through consistent products and services, which meet or exceed customer expectations. Key business processes are covered by a set of procedures that are constantly evaluated. Through records and appropriate corrective and preventive actions, the ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System ensures effectiveness and continuous improvement.
Certification of Standards:
RvA (Raad voor Accreditatie, from Netherlands
- ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, from the US)
- IAF (International Accreditation Forum)
IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER:
- Third party certified auditors ensure objectivity at every stage of the certification process (It being either EuropGAP, or HACCP, or GMP, or ISO 9001).
- EurepGAP - recently changed to “GLOBALGAP”, HACCP, GMP and ISO 9001 are global standards also accepted and known as such in the US market place.
- These certifications are granted by international accreditation bodies such as the RvA (Raad voor Accreditatie, from Netherlands, in the case of the ISO 9001 ). Both RvA and ANAB (ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board, from the US) are members of the IAF (International Accreditation Forum). Therefore, RvA and ANAB mutually recognize their accreditations.
Research done in diabetic subjects has shown that is a low glycemic index food. This means that eating Chia with other food decreases the blood sugar spike an hour after a meal. As such, the subsequent sugar drop an hour later is less intense, and this is known to lead to decreased feelings of hunger.
Further research in diabetic subjects shows that about 40 grams of Chiaper day results in significantly decreased systolic blood pressure. C-reactive protein (CRP), a blood protein that is a measure of chronic inflammation, was also reduced significantly.
High blood pressure is a known risk factor for cardiovascular events such as heart attack and stroke. Chronic inflammation has emerged as a cardiovascular risk factor that is more predictive than obesity, smoking, high blood pressure, and even high saturated fat. Statins, drugs that lower saturated fat, also decrease heart attack and stroke. Emerging evidence shows that statins also reduce chronic inflammation, as measured by CRP. At present it is not possible to determine if the reduction in cardiovascular risk is due to saturated fat reduction, CRP reduction, or both. Other studies showing that tea drinking reduces both CRP and cardiovascular risk, suggests that CRP reduction may be at least part of why statins lower heart attack and stroke.
Chiaalso has a thinning effect on the blood that is likely to be protective against stroke and heart attack. This research was published in the November 2007 issue of Diabetes Care.
Scientific Evidence for Chia Seeds
Scientific evidence strongly supports the use of chia as being the most efficient source of omega-3 fatty acids which can be used to enrich foods. Adding chia seeds or meal directly to the final product, or including it in animal diets has not shown any of the problems other omega-3 sources such as flaxseed or marine products have shown such as fishy flavor, animal weight loss, digestive problems, diarrhea, allergies, etc.
”I LOVE this product. I was using flaxseed for years, dealing with the bitter after taste and need for additional Vitamin E. With Chia Semilla – I’m completely covered with no after taste!”- Jazmin Warner, Mandeville, LA
”I bake this product into breads daily for my family, makes me feel better to know that they are getting the nutrition they need – even if they don’t know it!” – Sandra Pagane, Rutherford, NJ
”It amazed me how quickly I was able to feel the difference in my body after taking the Chia Semilla product! My body has never felt younger and better nurtured.” – Simon Mentz, Salem, MA
”I recommended Chia Semilla to my grandmother who suffers from a few different ailments, including breast cancer. Her doctor was intrigued by the product and was able to reduce the amount of supplements he suggested her to use because of it!” – John Wickero, Port Orange, FL
”It’s so simple to use and can be combines with nearly any food or beverage – I tried them in my pancakes and was shocked that it didn’t change the taste one bit! Eating healthy has never been more enjoyable!” – Philip Chesterston, Atlanta, GA
”I have never been the healthiest person in the world but as I got older, my doctor started hounding me to take care of myself. My wife suggested the Chia Semilla and I must admit, I actually don’t mind using it on a daily basis – it’s simple, tasteless and satisfies my doctor’s orders!” – Francis Meyers, Shirley, NY
Can Chia Semilla be used to reduce the appetite?
Answer: Yes! Chia Semilla is able to suppress the appetite because it they are able to absorb almost ten times their weight with water. This enables you to feel fuller, quicker, while getting all the nutrients your body needs for support.
Can Chia Semilla cause dehydration?
Answer: The complete opposite. When the chia seeds absorb water, they create chia gel, which has been known to hydrate the body considerably.
What are the main benefits of Chia Semilla for diabetics?
Answer: Chia seeds are able to help diabetics because they are able to control blood sugar levels. Chia seeds naturally reduce the pace that the body converts carbs into sugar – making it completely safe and beneficial for diabetics.
Does this product replace meals?
Answer: Although Chia Semilla was not formulated to be a meal replacement supplement, many consumers choose to use additional chia seeds in their daily diet to avoid the craving for unhealthy snacks and meals throughout the day.
How does Chia Semilla affect the digestive system?
Answer: This product aids to help keep the digestive tract cleansed and functioning at optimal levels by providing the body with an adequate daily amount of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.